Unsafe acts contribute to many accidents and injuries and must be addressed as an important safety issue. Arguably it
single most important safety issue that exists.
Fundamental to the management of workplace health and safety is the identification, assessment and control of hazards.
means that in an effort to reduce accidents and injuries consideration is given to many things, such as
· workplace design and layout
· provision of appropriate guards and interlocks
· written safe work procedures
· availability of required personal protective equipment
· appropriate signage and
and so on.
But, despite all of this, accidents and injuries still occur. Many of which occur as a direct or indirect result of unsafe acts.
This program examines all the key issues associated with unsafe acts in the workplace.
Included in the program are the following:
· A definition of the term, Unsafe Acts
· The factors or causes which lead to Unsafe Acts
· Outcomes of Unsafe Acts, and
· A strategy to reduce the number of Unsafe Acts that occur.
Creating and maintaining a workplace culture that addresses the need to reduce the number of Unsafe Acts that occur
not an easy task to achieve. It requires a combination of appropriate levels of education and training, enforcement
safety standards, encouragement and good leadership.
A reduction in the number of Unsafe Acts will result in a reduction in the number of accidents, injuries and illnesses.
RUNNING TIME: 15 minutes